I. We met on June 5, 2016 at the Bismarck Public Library. Officers present included President Kevin Vetter, Vice President Tom Tupa, and Treasurer Vic Wingerter. 24 other members were in attendance, introductions were made, and the flag was addressed.
II. Treasurer’s Report: CDG&MS has $7644.80 in the bank.
- A motion was suggested to use ~$100 in club funds to print some table banners for the two entrances at the AmVets for the annual Rock Show. The motion was seconded and approved.
- As of June we are sitting at 50 household (108 individual) memberships! Way to go!
III. Committee Reports:
- Visitors Butch and Cindy from Minnesota stopped by on their way to Montana to go agate hunting. They have a rock and lapidary business in MN, where they sell raw pieces, as well as finished jewelry. They have been invited to take part in the annual rock show in October. There may be some more equipment for sale as well – Butch will get back to us with details.
- Rock Show:
- Tony Goldade secured 1000 pencils from the National Guard. He is also approaching McDonalds.
- Field Trip:
- In place of the next meeting, we will be heading to Harmon Lake at 1pm, July 10th. We will meet in Shelter #2. A map to Harmon Lake is here.
- August 7th – Club Picnic at Sertoma Park, shelter #9. 1pm lunch / potluck. The club will provide burgers, brats, buns, and Gatorade. Feel free to provide other fixings, salads, foods, desserts, etc. Kevin will bring out two grills.
- September 11th – grab bag filling time!
- Next Board Meeting is June 27th at the AmVets, 6pm. 2 for 1 hamburgers! If you have any questions, concerns, ideas, etc., please come and share them.
- Communications & Technology:
Program: macramé and knotting demonstration by Jamie; creating knotwork bags and cords for your rocks.